The Valeeswarar Temple is located in the Valeeswarar Temple Street, Mylapore, Chennai. The temple is dedicated to Sri Shiva as Valeeswarar and Divine Mother Shakti as Periya Nayaki Ambal. The temple is near the Kolavizhi Amman Temple.
About Valeeswarar Temple :
This temple is the address of Sri Valeeswarar and Mother Periya Nayaki. It is amid in the breadth adverse Sri Karaneeswarar Temple.
We aboriginal accepted the account of our animal birth. We again accepted the role of baptize in the animal body. We accomplished the accent of airy vision. All this makes us continued for the airy backbone that can abutment our airy journey. And this leads us to the Lord of Backbone and Power, Sri Valeeswara.
Vali, afterwards abundant searching, was able to locate this celestial and adoration Him. According to the Siddhas, Vali additionally stands for that concrete and brainy backbone abeyant in us that we may not be acquainted of. Because of a curse, Sri Hanuman was not acquainted of His own prowess. To get absolved of this curse, he admirable Lord Shiva in abounding places. Such Shiva deities admirable by Hanuman are additionally accepted by the name Valeeswara.
Attraction Of Valeeswarar Temple In Chennai :
- This temple is the abode of Sri Valeeswarar and Mother Periya Nayaki. It is located in the area opposite Sri Karaneeswarar Temple.
- We first understood the cause of our human birth. We then understood the role of water in the human body. We realized the importance of spiritual vision. All this makes us long for the spiritual strength that can support our spiritual journey. And this leads us to the Lord of Strength and Power, Sri Valeeswara.
- Vali, after much searching, was able to locate this deity and worship Him. According to the Siddhas, Vali also stands for that physical and mental strength latent in us that we may not be aware of. Because of a curse, Sri Hanuman was not aware of His own prowess. To get absolved of this curse, he worshipped Lord Shiva in many places. Such Shiva deities worshipped by Hanuman are also known by the name Valeeswara.
- For good physical and mental health and a pure heart, worship Sri Valeeswara, say the Siddhas. Women should worship Valeeswara for their protection. Further, children who tend to get scared all the time should worship here. They will be blessed with courage.
The Valeeswarar Temple is located in the Valeeswarar Koil Street, near the G.N Chetty Road, Mylapore, Chennai. From the Mylapore Tank bus stop, take the Kutchery Road and from there to G.N. Chetty Road.
Presiding deity Sri Valeeswarar graces in the form of Swyambulinga facing West. The rays of Sun fall on the Lord on certain days in the month of Chithirai (April-May). The temple is situated on the southern bank of Palaru river. Lord
Devotees pray to Lord seeking release from sins, for wisdom and intelligence, and remedy from the effects Saturn aspects.
Married women and pregnant women offer bangles to Mother before they wear them. They believe the prayer would reward them child boon and safe delivery of the child. They also pray to the mother for relief of Balarishta doshas of Children. Balarishta (Bala-children, arishta-illness) is an adverse effect on the new borns according to planetary situations at the time of birth lasting for some years according to astrology.
It is the faith of devotees that prayer to Lord Valeeswara would reward them with a satisfied life and total liberation at the end.
Shrines and Deities:
- Sri Shiva as Valeeswarar (வலீஸ்வரர்)
- Divine Mother Shakti as Periyanayaki Ambal(பெரியநாயகி அம்பாள்)
- Sri Brahma (பிரம்மா)
- Sri Panchalingakeshwarar (பஞ்சலிங்கெஸ்வரர்)
- Sri Bhairavar (பைரவர்)
- Sri Dakshinamurthy (தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி)